Case Study 2 Wireless And Mobile Technologies Oregon
CASE STUDY 2: WIRELESS AND MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES 3 are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, infrared, near field communication (NFC), satellite and radio communications. On the same discussion board previously mentioned in this paper, the students were asked to determine at least two (2) ways that business organizations use mobile technologies to become more efficient, productive, and profitable. Here are the author’s ideas posted on the previous post, plus an additional one for the purpose of this paper. • Marketing: Marketing on the Social media is been widely used by companies in order to get market presence and potential customers. Sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are samples of social media sites where companies are targeting their marketing efforts. • Competitive Advantage: If a business offers a broad range of mobile technologies, in comparison to its competitors, it will give them the edge when a consumer is trying to determine which company they will use for services. A sample if this is on the Banking services. Solutions like mobile banking, mobile deposits, instant transfers, bill payment,
Case Study 2: Wireless and Mobile Technologies
Due Week 8 and worth points
In this very competitive climate, many companies are seeking ways to connect with customers in ways that add value. Mobile and wireless computing have become key focal points to attract and retain customers.
Review this Article titled “Delta Named Top Tech-Friendly U.S. Airline”, located here.
Use Internet or Strayer Library to search articles on wireless and mobile technologies as well as the application in business. Select one (1) company other than Delta which uses mobile and wireless technology.
Write a four to six () page paper in which you:
- Define wireless technologies and mobile technologies. Next, determine at least three (3) ways which companies or organizations utilize such technologies to improve business efficiency.
- Determine the wireless technologies and mobile technologies that Delta has implemented. Next, evaluate the level of efficiency of the technology implementation. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Specify the overall manner in which the company that you selected from your research implements organizational systems, wireless technologies, and mobile technologies. Next, evaluate the level of efficiency of such implementation within the selected company. Provide rationale for your response.
- Give your opinion as to which company (i.e., Delta or the selected company from your research) is using the mobile and wireless technologies more strategically. Justify your response.
- Determine the operational and enterprise systems that support wireless and mobile technologies for each company. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the use of network management, Web, wireless, and mobility technologies.
- Compare and contrast operational and enterprise systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information systems for decision making using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.