World View Chart Assignments Discovery
Your Primary Source for the Social Studies Classroom.
Social Studies Techbook is a comprehensive, standards-aligned, core curricular resource that uses an inquiry-based approach to enhance literacy and critical thinking skills. Courses in this digital social studies textbook include U.S. History, World History, Civics and Government, and World Geography and Cultures.
Engage Students Like Never Before.
Bring historical events, concepts, and phenomena to life for todays students with engaging multimedia resources including interactive text, maps, and timelines, plus videos, photos, audio, and hundreds of primary sources.
Easy to Use, Anywhere, Any time.
The streamlined, responsive design provides you with an easy-to-follow, consistent experience, accessible from any device, in any instructional setting.
Question the Past. Understand the Present.
Teachers have access to exclusive videos, multimedia activities, digital text, more than 3, primary sources, model lessons, and assessments. With Social Studies Techbook, students learn the content and skills needed to question the past, understand the present, and shape the future.
1. Tielsch JM, Sommer A, Witt K, Katz J, Royall RM. Blindness and visual impairment in an American urban population: the Baltimore Eye Survey. Arch Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
2. Sommer A, Tielsch JM, Katz J, et al. Racial differences in the cause-specific prevalence of blindness in east Baltimore. N Engl J Med. ; [PubMed]
3. Rodriguez J, Sanchez R, Munoz B, et al. Causes of blindness and visual impairment in a population-based sample of US Hispanics. Ophthalmology. ; [PubMed]
4. Klein R, Wang Q, Klein BE, Moss SE, Meuer SM. The relationship of age-related maculopathy, cataract, and glaucoma to visual acuity. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. ; [PubMed]
5. Varma R, Ying-Lai M, Klein R, Azen SP. Prevalence and risk indicators of visual impairment and blindness in Latinos: the Los Angeles Latino Eye Study. Ophthalmology. ; [PubMed]
6. Friederich R. Eye disease in the Navajo Indians. Ann Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
7. Van Rens GH, Arkell SM, Charlton W, Doesburg W. Primary angle-closure glaucoma among Alaskan Eskimos. Doc Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
8. Arkell SM, Lightman DA, Sommer A, Taylor HR, Korshin OM, Tielsch JM. The prevalence of glaucoma among Eskimos of northwest Alaska. Arch Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
9. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Questionnaire. Atlanta, Ga: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Dept of Health and Human Services; Available at: woaknb.wz.sk Accessed October
Mangione CM, Lee PP, Gutierrez PR, Spritzer K, Berry S, Hays RD. Development of the item National Eye Institute Visual Function Questionnaire. Arch Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
Chobanian AV, Bakris GL, Black HR, et al. Seventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. Hypertension. ; [PubMed]
Foster PJ, Devereux JG, Alsbirk PH, et al. Detection of gonioscopically occludable angles and primary angle closure glaucoma by estimation of limbal chamber depth in Asians: modified grading scheme. Br J Ophthalmol. ; [PMC free article][PubMed]
Van Herick W, Shaffer RN, Schwartz A. Estimation of width of angle of anterior chamber; incidence and significance of the narrow angle. Am J Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
Shaw J, McCarthy D, Zimmet P, Courten MD. Type 2 diabetes worldwide according to the new classification and criteria. Diabetes Care. ;B5B [PubMed]
Wollstein G, Garway-Heath DF, Fontana L, Hitchings RA. Identifying early glaucomatous changes: comparison between expert clinical assessment of optic disc photographs and confocal scanning ophthalmoscopy. Ophthalmology. ; [PubMed]
Chylack LT Jr, Wolfe JK, Singer DM, et al. The Lens Opacities Classification System III. The Longitudinal Study of Cataract Study Group. Arch Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
Diabetic Retinopathy, Preferred Practice Patterns. San Francisco, Calif: American Academy of Ophthalmology; Available at: woaknb.wz.sk Accessed October
Photocoagulation treatment of proliferative diabetic retinopathy: the second report of diabetic retinopathy study findings. Ophthalmology. ; [PubMed]
Early photocoagulation for diabetic retinopathy. Early Treatment Diabetic Retinopathy Study Research Group. Ophthalmology. ; [PubMed]
Age Related Macular Degeneration, Preferred Practice Patterns. San Francisco, Calif: American Academy of Ophthalmology; Available at: woaknb.wz.sk Accessed October
Foster PJ, Buhrmann R, Quigley HA, Johnson GJ. The definition and classification of glaucoma in prevalence surveys. Br J Ophthalmol. ; [PMC free article][PubMed]
Gordon MO, Kass MA. The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study: design and baseline description of the participants. Arch Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
Leske MC, Connell AM, Kehoe R. A pilot project of glaucoma in Barbados. Br J Ophthalmol. ; [PMC free article][PubMed]
federal poverty level. Federal Register. ; Available at: woaknb.wz.sk Accessed October
LaPlante MP. Health conditions and impairments causing disability. Disability Statistics Abstract, No. September US Dept of Education, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDDR). P. 2. Available at: woaknb.wz.sk?_type=abstract. Accessed October
Klein R, Klein BE, Linton KL, De Mets DL. The Beaver Dam Eye Study: visual acuity. Ophthalmology. ; [PubMed]
Werner EB. Normal-tension glaucoma. In: Ritch R, Shields MB, Krupin T, eds. The Glaucomas. St Louis, Mo: Mosby;
Iwase A, Suzuki Y, Araie M, et al. The prevalence of primary open-angle glaucoma in Japanese: the Tajimi Study. Ophthalmology. ; [PubMed]
Tielsch JM, Katz J, Singh K, et al. A population-based evaluation of glaucoma screening: the Baltimore Eye Survey. Am J Epidemiol. ; [PubMed]
Varma R, Ying-Lai M, Francis BA, et al. Prevalence of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension in Latinos: the Los Angeles Latino Eye Study. Ophthalmology. ; [PubMed]
Rearwin DT, Tang JH, Hughes JW. Causes of blindness among Navajo Indians: an update. J Am Optom Assoc. ; [PubMed]
Schwab IR, Dawson CR, Hoshiwara I, Szuter CF, Knowler WC. Incidence of cataract extraction in Pima Indians: diabetes as a risk factor. Arch Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
Faulkner HW. Pseudo-exfoliation of the lens among the Navajo Indians. Am J Ophthalmol. ; [PubMed]
Grosvenor T. What causes astigmatism? J Am Optom Assoc. ; [PubMed]
Pensyl CD, Harrison RA, Simpson P, Waterbor JW. Distribution of astigmatism among Sioux Indians in South Dakota. J Am Optom Assoc. ; [PubMed]
van Rens GH, Arkell SM. Refractive errors and axial length among Alaskan Eskimos. Acta Ophthalmol (Copenh). ; [PubMed]
Luneburg R. Practice among American Indians: study of clinical findings. Opt J Rev Optom. ; 40