Is Technology Good Or Bad For Society Essay Questions
How long could you go without technology?
We live in the world which is connected with technology. When was the last time you left your home without your mobile phone, watched television or chatted with your friends online? Chances are, not very long ago. Even though technology has many benefits, it also affects the way how people socialize and communicate all together lack of emotions, ignorance of personal space and absence of intimacy.
Now, let`s imagine just one day without technology. A world without technology means a life without: computers, mobile phones, gadgets, cars, medical equipment and this list can go on. Silence would cover the worldor not? Chaos or peace? Without technology the world would definitely change, but how? Will letters replace e-mails? Will we turn to reading books, instead of searching online? Will we use old methods to communicate? Will we walk more? Total silence is almost unbearable, when you hear your own heartbeat. Does it look like something we have been dreaming about? Apparently, the answer is: `No! `
Taking into account the fact, that people start using technology from the youth; can you think of the effects of communication technology on teenagers? It`s important to speak namely about teenagers, as they are considered the most vulnerable and easily-affected part of humanity. Over the last decade, technology became an essential part of many teenagers` lives. It`s overwhelming and they can`t get away from it, because it becomes a habit, a way of life. The problem is that we can`t identify when online social networking becomes an addiction. An average person spends about an hour a day for communication online. Some teenagers spend much more than that. Even though technology has grown to be a major aspect of society in our daily activities, teenagers have to be aware of the consequences if it is excessively used.
In case you want to write an argumentative essay on technologyand disclose the pros and cons of this notion, you should search for the topic that will be controversial for you first of all. Therefore, while writing, you will find the benefits and downfalls of technology. Once you found the answers for your own questions, be sure, your essay is worth reading.
Technology essay topics may include quite a wide range of concepts and ideas. This sphere involves enormous amount of people every day, as technology is everywhere. You might want to insert statistical data in your essays about technology, which is absolutely reasonable. Since there`s a large number of topics that can be covered, here are 10 best ideas, that might encourage an original topic of your own.
- Do the mass media and information technology have an influence on the process of globalization?
- Effects of technology on communication in modern society.
- Is it a benefit or downfall to insert technology in education?
- Beneficial role of technology in helping people obtain an education.
- Technology today: a scourge or blessing?
- What should be invented by social media developers in order to protect privacy?
- Self-explanatory question: `Is fast developing technology good or bad for people`s psychological state? `
- Restrictions for cars based on emission testing and level of pollution.
- Can artificial intelligence replace teachers at school, doctors in the hospital, housewives at home?
- The next grand innovation in technology is
While writing a technology essay on one of these topics, make sure that your essay looks at the roots of our society and our technology. If we really care of what`s happening around us, we should take care of the roots. The roots aren`t always visible, but they are incredibly important. Technology is changing the world we live in and it should be shown in the essay. It`s important to acknowledge, that the essay about technology isn`t self-evident. It might seem clear at first sight, but in fact your aim is to explain your position and be able to argue for it. It requires more than just learning the subject, it requires getting into the deeper understanding, such as creating controversial statements, showing two argumentative sides, making up counterarguments.
Thus, before writing an essay on technology, choose a topic wisely. It should be not just relevant and interesting, but also frequently discussed. Firstly, it will be of a great benefit, if you read a lot of technology essays on the chosen topic and come up with your own ideas on the problem. Secondly, search for a proper amount of evidence to substantiate your opinion.
If you want to write a really persuasive essay on technology, be confident in your own point of view. Readers will feel your insecurity straight away and might stop reading halfway. And your own opinion should be supported by facts and examples. For instance, my analysis proves that technology has lots of disadvantages, such as pollution, global warming, issues with communication; technology can be the reason of the complex of inferiority in many cases. Here, I would like to stop and stress your attention to the amount of advantages and situation where technology disappears or stops its developing. Hard to imagine the scope of harm that people can be put in without being connected in the modern world. The range of problems that would immediately appear in the sphere of security, medicine, insurance, ecology, business and labour is impossible to measure. These are things that could be overcome though. In my opinion, the one thing that people won`t be able to cope with is making a step back. Since the humanity has already experienced fast travelling, speed dating, online banking, quick money transferring, it will be the a great step back for all the nations to refuse all these innovations and go back to, obviously, less comfortable way of life. Although, people can adjust to any lifestyle and are able to go through a lot of obstacles, the reverse phycology would be helpless here. If the humanity have had to give up on technology and go back to `stone age` it would have led to resistance, insurrection and riots.
To knock all of the heap, essays on technologyshould include three main components: confidence from the author on his own standpoint, properly chosen topic and the ability to `look deeply in the roots`. Let your technology essays inspire other people`s imagination and creativity, this is the best possible recognition of your writing skills and talent.
If you liked the essay, please have a look at and order an essay online from the woaknb.wz.sk
A Selection Of 22 Good Argumentative Essay Topics On Technology
A good argumentative essay should be able to present the writer’s views with facts, numbers, proof and reason backing it up. It should also leave room for others who wish to refute the writer’s claims, as long they also back up their claims with facts. In short, a good argumentative essay opens up a dialogue about different questions regarding society, ethics, medicine, and even technology. Below are 22 topics that allow an exchange of views and sentiments among peers.
- The increasing use of social media in personal, business and marketing fields. Is the use too much?
- Is the use of computers in schools as early as elementary schools a good thing?
- Is the growth of the use of Internet a good or bad thing
- Has the option of online studies decreased the value of face-to-face learning?
- Will video games be used as teaching tools in the future?
- Should people agree to the use of identity chips?
- Should the rapid rise in military/tactical technology be checked?
- The use of technology in organ transplantation
- Has the use of phones from a young age decreased the desire to go outside and have a face-to-face interaction?
- The use of technology to clone humans and animals
- Increasing role of robotics in our lives.
- Business’ sole reliance on technology. Is it too much?
- The use of drones to conduct projects outside of the military. Is it a good idea?
- The ability to use technology to create a disease-free child. Is that ethical?
- Has genetic testing on humans changed the way we tackle diseases in a good way?
- The possibility of our cars driving themselves. Is that a good thing for us?
- Should the rise in mental illnesses be blamed on the rise in the use of technology?
- Has technology changed the way that we look at books? Is this a good or bad thing?
- How young is too young to learn how to use a computer or to own a tablet?
- The increasing use of nanotechnology and how it could change our lives in the near future.
- Are we beginning to depend too much on our computers, tablets and smartphones?
- Is the use of genetically modified food good for our bodies? Will it become our primary source of nutrition? Will this be good for us?
When writing an argumentative essay, remember that it should open dialogue among peers. However, any opinion you set on paper should be backed up by some facts and proof. When having a discussion with your peers, be open to what they have to say on the topic as long they also back their words up with facts.